Is Sedation for me?
Lutherville Sedation Dentistry
You may benefit from Conscious Sedation if dental treatment causes you to have a lot of stress, fear or anxiety. If you need a lot of dental treatment, you may also consider the use of Sedation Dentistry. Sedation Dentistry is sometimes called "Conscious Sedation" or "Relaxation Dentistry".
Sedation Dentistry will allow most people to overcome the stress, fear and anxiety associated with Dental Treatment, because they can relax during their entire dental visit.
Previous bad dental experiences cause fear and anxiety about Dentists and Dental care. If these feelings are preventing you from getting the dentistry that you need Sedation Dentistry can help you.
Many people have a fear of needles, had difficulty getting numb, or have a bad gag reflex. All of these people can be helped through Sedation Dentistry. These are only a few of the problems that people encounter which prevent them from seeking the Dentistry that they need.
When someone is sedated and relaxed it is possible to complete a large amount of complex dental treatment during a single visit to the dentist. People often have little or no memory of their dental visit. Very often years of dental neglect can be correcting in just one or two visits.
If you exhibit any of the following characteristics, "Sedation Dentistry" may help you:
- Fear, Stress and Anxiety about going to the Dentist
- People who desire a beautiful and natural smile and have fear and anxiety associated with dentistry
- Fear of needles
- Have difficulty getting numb
- Dental Phobia
- A history of bad dental experiences
- Painful or sensitive teeth
- Afraid to go to the Dentist
- You are troubled with a bad gag reflex
- Difficulty controlling movement from conditions such as Cerebral Palsy or Parkinson's disease
- You need complex treatment requiring long dental appointments
- People who have limited time to complete their required treatment and want to accomplish a lot in a single appointment. Treatment requiring multiple visits can often be accomplished in a single visit.